How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, Your God reigns. Isaiah 52:7
SOWING, GROWING, OVERFLOWING in and with Christ Jesus. That is the purpose of what St. Martin’s Lutheran Church and School are all about.
Reaching out with Christ’s love to those on the outside of the Church centers on the third part of that purpose: Overflowing. To overflow means: giving away what you have received. And what is that Christians have received? FORGIVENESS OF OUR SIN, PEACE WITH GOD, AND HIS LOVE AND LIFE WITHIN US NOW AND ETERNALLY BECAUSE OF JESUS’ DEATH ON THE CROSS AND RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD. To overflow with that message is an absolute necessity of the Christian church on earth, for the church will die if it neglects giving away that life it receives from Jesus Christ.
Therefore, our Outreach Ministries strive to assist St. Martin’s to Overflow by:
- Making you AWARE of the Christian witness and evangelizing task.
- Providing witness/evangelism TRAINING that you may be equipped to carry out your Christian witness.
- Providing witness/evangelism OPPORTUNITIES so that overflowing occurs in your life the way God the Holy Spirit has gifted you.
To assist you in this three-fold outreach task, the following Outreach Ministries have been prepared for your involvement:
A foundational Prayer Ministry is essential to Outreach:
- Family Tree of Prayer: Pray for nine members of St. Martins.
- Prayer Partner with those making Evangelism calls.
- Prayer Gathering: Last Monday of the month from 7-8 p.m. in the church members gather for corporate prayer.
- Prayer Chain: Receive prayer requests via the telephone.
Board of Evangelism: Provide planning/leadership to Outreach.
Cross Cultural outreach Team: Provide planning/leadership to Ethnic Ministries.
Cross Cultural Activities:
- Provide transportation to church events.
- Story Time in Your Neighborhood captain/teacher/participant.
- Hospitality visiting of story time children/parents in their homes.
- Hmong Easter Outreach participant.
- ESL teacher: English as a Second Language.
Sharing Jesus without fear: Learn witnessing techniques and skills.
New Member Sponsor: Be a friend to a new member of St. Martin’s.
Visit-The-Visitor: Visit at their homes those who are guests in our worship service. This is strictly a hospitality visit. Give them information and gift from St. Martin’s.
Event Evangelism: Organize evangelism events such as:
- Mission Trips
Be a Block Watcher: Watch for newcomers moving into the neighborhood. Greet them and give them a gift from St. Martin’s.
Organize Evangelism Advertising:
- TV. ads
- Radio announcements
Caller Evangelism: Make evangelism calls on individuals in the community.
Greeter/Receptionist for worship services.
Mass tract distribution in the community:
- Live Nativity
Survey Evangelism: Asking six, short questions, door-to-door to locate the unchurched in a particular neighborhood.
Editorial Witness Writing: Provide a clear witness to issues the community or nation is facing in our community newspapers–Winona Daily News, Shopper.
Telephone Evangelism: Sharing Christ Jesus over the phone to those on our membership and prospect lists.
Develop Neighborhood Bible Studies
Caring Ministry: A word of God and Lord’s Supper ministry to shut-ins of St. Martin’s.
Dial-A-Devotion: Organize and coordinate this outreach, devotional ministry.
To contact our director of Christian Outreach, Bob Cloeter email Bob or
call 507-452-6928 ext. 107